Announcements and News
- Register to attend The 15th Annual Lawrence J. Schoenberg Symposium on Manuscript Studies in the Digital Age, Translating Science, Thursday, November 10 to Saturday, November 12, 2022 at the University of Pennsylvania and the Free Library of Philadelphia (in-person and via Zoom)
- Register for our upcoming SIMS Online Lecture, Hebrew Paleography Album: A New Tool for the Study of Hebrew Scripts in the Digital Age (Judith Olzowy-Schlanger, University of Oxford and École Pratique des Hautes Études) Friday, October 28, 2022, 12:00–1:30PM EST (via Zoom)
- Register for our upcoming SIMS Online Lecture, The Card Index of Leo Olschki and the Trade in Medieval Manuscripts in the Early 20th Century (Federico Botana, Institute of English Studies University of London & 2022-2023 Schoenberg Institute for Manuscript Studies Visiting Research Fellow) Friday, December 9, 2022, 12:00–1:30PM EST (via Zoom)
- SIMS is pleased to announce the following Visiting Research Fellows for the 2022-2023 academic year: Riccardo Saccenti, Federico Botana, and Kathryn Rudy
- SIMS is pleased to announce the 2022-2023 Graduate Student Fellowship recipient: Joseph Nicolello
- The Spring 2022 issue (Vol. 7.1) of Manuscript Studies is out! Click here for Abstracts and Full-Text content (via Project Muse, by subscription).
- Meet Aili Waller, the inaugural SIMS Undergraduate Outreach Intern
- Articles and Annotations from the Spring 2021 issue (Vol. 6.1) of Manuscript Studies are now available in Open-Access via Scholarly Commons. Check it out!
- Join us every Tuesday at 12:00PM Noon EDT / 5pm BST for Coffee with a Codex (via Zoom; registration required).
- The Schoenberg Database of Manuscripts
- A twice-annual journal (Manuscript Studies)
- A digitized manuscript discovery platform (Penn in Hand)
- A digitized manuscript repository (OPenn)
- A regional digitization initiative (Bibliotheca Philadelphiensis)
- An annual symposium dedicated to Manuscript Studies
- A series of monthly virtual lectures
- A weekly encounter with a manuscript (Coffee with a Codex)
- Teaching and showcasing the collection
- Advocacy for Manuscript Studies and Open Data globally
- Developing new research tools: Viscoll, BASIRA, DS 2.0 planning
- Enhancing the collection via new acquisitions and research
- Establishing partnerships with projects such as CULTIVATE MSS