Announcements and News
- Applications for the 2023–2024 SIMS Graduate Student Research Fellowship are now open (Deadline: May 1st, 2023). Click here to learn more.
- Applications for the 2023–2024 SIMS Visiting Research Fellowship are now open (Deadline: May 15th, 2023). Click here to learn more.
- Register for our upcoming SIMS Online Lecture, Códice Maya de México: The Controversy and Authentication of the Oldest Book of the Americas (Andrew D. Turner, Senior Research Specialist, Getty Research Institute) Friday, April 14, 2023, 12:00–1:30PM EST (via Zoom).
- The Fall 2022 issue (Vol. 7.2) of Manuscript Studies is out! Click here for Abstracts and Full-Text content (via Project Muse, by subscription).
- Articles and Annotations from the Fall 2021 issue (Vol. 6.2) of Manuscript Studies are now available in Open-Access via Scholarly Commons. Check it out!
- Join us every Thursday at 12:00PM Noon EDT / 5pm BST for Coffee with a Codex (via Zoom; registration required).
- Join us the first Friday of every month at 12PM Noon EDT / 5pm BST for DM Drop-in with Dot, open hours for users of Digital Mappa (via Zoom, registration required).
- The Schoenberg Database of Manuscripts
- A twice-annual journal (Manuscript Studies)
- A digitized manuscript discovery platform (Penn in Hand)
- A digitized manuscript repository (OPenn)
- A regional digitization initiative (Bibliotheca Philadelphiensis)
- An annual symposium dedicated to Manuscript Studies
- A series of monthly virtual lectures
- A weekly encounter with a manuscript (Coffee with a Codex)
- Teaching and showcasing the collection
- Advocacy for Manuscript Studies and Open Data globally
- Developing new research tools: Viscoll, BASIRA, DS 2.0 planning
- Enhancing the collection via new acquisitions and research
- Establishing partnerships with projects such as CULTIVATE MSS